Friday, December 16, 2011

My Experience With Charter One Bank, And Their Awful Service

Are you frustrated with the economy?  Has the value of your home diminished over the last decade?  Are you disappointed with the giant bonuses that bankers take home regardless of their performance?  Or how much bail out money they receive from the government, better known as the taxpayer?



The story I am going to share with you was my attempt at refinancing my condominium in Chicago.  This dragged into a 6 month exercise of futility.  The result: my refinancing was rejected. 



I had the misfortune of working with Charter One Bank of Chicago.  Their parent is RBS Citizens, N.A., which is part of the Citizens Financial Group family of companies.



I have two small corporate checking accounts with Charter One.  In June, I found myself in their Chicago branch.  Speaking with their business banker I shared with him, I owned a condominium that I wanted to refinance.  A recent application with another company had just been rejected. 



I did not to waste my time nor theirs.  I explained to him and shortly after with Charter One Loan officer, Kris Pejoski, that I had two challenges.



·         A condo with negative equity

·         Lower income



I shared with Kris that I would contribute money to create the needed equity position in my condominium.  And, also, if needed add my father to the deed to provide additional annual income to qualify for the refinancing. 



Kris enthusiastically greeted my situation and shared with me he would endeavor to work with me.



If Charter One had a cookie cutter loan approval process, there was no point in moving forward.  If they were willing to develop a custom solution, they had found a new customer.



The loan application was filled out.  And thus begins the story. 

Throughout the email communication below, ANGRYBIRDMANCONSUMER, will make running comments to provide some additional commentary. 



And finally, ANGRYBIRDMANCONSUMER, is looking to hear from you.  Email me your stories and the results.  I will judge a weekly winner who will win $10.



Email me here:



No comments:

Post a Comment